So you have completed your roof maintenance checklist and are now asking yourself should I repair the roof issues or replace the entire roof? Our roofing specialists understand all the ways your roof protects you from the elements: wind, the sun, and rain. Fortify your roof to protect you and your home from water leaks and mould. The integrity of your roof maintains the quality of everything in your home, including the safety of your family.
Our experts at URE: United Roofing and Exteriors will help you determine if the issues you've discovered are repairable damages or not. Some concerns on your roof that we have mentioned in our Roof Maintenance Tips blog are:
- Shingles that are curling, peeling, or discoloured
- Granules in the gutters from the asphalt shingles
- Cracked, torn, or missing shingle present urgency
- Sinking or sagging where water can collect
- Blistering or tears in your membrane roofing
- Corrosion or Warping in your metal roof system
- Moisture or leaks in the attic
Your roof only requires repairs if experiencing a few of these issues. Our roofers can fortify your residential shingle, metal, or rubber roof, as well as commercial roofing systems like a membrane, rubber, or flat roofing systems.
- The missing parts are minimal
- An isolated incident like a storm causes the damage
- The roof has more than half of its projected lifespan remaining:
- Asphalt shingles: 15 to 30 years
- Metal roofs: 30 to 75 years
- Rubber roofing systems: 10-16 years
- Cedar shingles and shakes: 30 to 50 years
Our specialists have years of experience, and we recommend replacing your roof when the following damages occur:
*All lifespans are estimated averages and depending on thickness, quality, and the installation process
- Excessive water or leaks, especially if over a prolonged period.
- Extreme weather to a severe degree like that of a tornado or intense winter.
- Older roof system losing their integrity
- New roof with leaks or installed incorrectly.
If you're still unsure if the roof should be repaired or replaced, give us a call. We will provide you with a professional opinion and a competitive estimate for the roofing repairs or replacing the roof entirely. We will help you review roofing materials and your roof's style, and we can even help you make the switch to a new type of roofing. We have been operating for over 30 years, installing and repairing residential and commercial roofs, leading the industry in roofing and exteriors. We will make sure you don't lose the roof over your head.